Thursday 26 March 2015

Offshore call centre disgrace!

I ordered Unlimited BT Infinity 2 + Calls & TV online in order to qualify for the offer. And received a confirmation email from residential.services@bt.com 27 February 2015 at 11:54 with an order date: 27 February 2015 and BT reference ####
 . 
Tel: ####

Thanks for choosing Paper-Free Billing confirmation email received from ebilling@bt.com 27 February 2015 at 11:59. 

Direct Debit details confirmation email received from no-reply@bt.com 27 February 2015 at 11:59 

BT Order Details email received from bt.comms@bt.com 27 February 2015 at 11:59

Email address confirmation email received from no-reply@bt.com 27 February 2015 at 12:47 

Equipment delivery email received from bt.comms@bt.com 5 March 2015 at 09:13 

BT Sports service activation email received from no-reply@bt.com 9 March 2015 at 12:23 

Activate account email from no-reply@bt.com 11 March 2015 at 08:58 

I understood that the Sainsbury vouchers are only available once the service is active.

As instructed in the emails above I took a morning off work so that I could accept and sign for the router and YouView+ Box that were to be delivered on the morning of the 9th March 2015 between the hours of 7am and 6pm (my fiancĂ©e would be in the house in the afternoon). The equipment never turned up. After waiting to see if the equipment would turn up the following day (which it did not) I called BT as instructed in the emails above and various text messages to inform them that no equipment had arrived and an engineer was due at site to install the following day. I had already cancelled my Virgin Media contract as suggested by your online chat representative. 

During the call to customer service to inform them that the hardware had not arrived, it became apparent that an administrative error by BT had cancelled my order by mistake and I had not been notified. This meant I had lost time from work for no reason. The customer support representative apologised. I had forgone a morning's pay and my time to wait for a parcel that would not arrive. The customer representative apologised again and said they would recreate the order. I expressed that I wanted exactly what I had placed previously. This was Unlimited BT Infinity 2 + Calls and TV along with the Sainsbury Vouchers. Understandably and reasonably this also included the offer of the Sainsbury's vouchers, which influenced my decision to switch from my previous supplier.

When the replacement order was placed, I again stipulated that I required my old number #### porting over. However, again BT failed me and have given me another number! I have since contacted support time and time again and they say it is in hand and it will be ported over. However I have just spoken to Virgin Media and they tell me that nobody has called from BT to request the switch! I have to say I'm flabbergasted at the incompetency I have been presented with since this (supposedly easy) process has been started.

As I had received no information regarding my vouchers from Sainsbury's from BT I called support again (I have lost count of how many calls I have had to make!) The representative told me that I wasn't eligible for the vouchers because I hadn't ordered online. Of course their stubborn attitude and refusal to listen to what I was actually saying angered me more. They couldn't understand that I had ordered online, but BT's errors had resulted in my order being cancelled by mistake. The order was then placed on my behalf as I had called to notify BT not to send an engineer as there was no hardware to install!

After even more calls to try to get the vouchers which are rightfully mine and get my number ported over from Virgin Media I am still at a loss as to why I am no further to a resolution. I have had an email from the voucher department (unbelievable) that states that because I placed the order over the phone I am not eligible for the vouchers! I have explained everything in the emails I sent to them as above, they have obviously not read or care about my situation.

This whole process has completely and utterly astounded me. I did not think that any large company today had such poor customer service. I really can not believe how bad your customer service is! I would not even entertain purchasing anything from BT whatsoever again! I certainly would encourage any other person to find any other supplier for their media services.

It is without a shadow of a doubt that this level of customer service is a direct result of your offshore call centre strategy. People who should be there to help me are simply given "scripts" and stock questions; if you're unlucky not to have an appropriate question which fits the bill they are simply dismissive of your problems.

I am a Network Administrator; I have (unfortunately) hundreds of hours experience with support calls and centres. BT's are by far the worst I have ever encountered.

Please can somebody who is physically located within the United Kingdom call me on #### to resolve my issues, the sooner the better please, before I feel it necessary to formally complain to the telecommunications ombudsman.  

Kind regards, 
Peter James Killelea 

No comments:

Post a Comment